Capel Parish Council is looking for a Parish Council Manager and Clerk. The post holder will be the Proper Officer of the council.
Job title: Parish Council Manager and Clerk
Organisation: Capel Parish Council
Salary: LC2 SCP 18-23 depending on experience [£12.96-£14.42ph pay increase pending]
Application deadline: 30 June 2021
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 07508 882810
The post is part-time, initially for a period of 24 hours per week, mainly working from home. Core hours will be 10-2 Monday to Friday, with the remaining four hours to be worked flexibly. The post holder is required to open the Parish Office twice a week and must be able to attend council and committee meetings, which are held in the evenings.
Annual salary is paid in accordance with the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) and the Society of Local Council (SLCC) Pay Scale (LC2 SCP 18-23). There is no requirement for the post holder to live within the parish, though this would be an advantage.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the parish council conducts its business lawfully
- Working with the council’s Responsible Financial Officer to ensure the council serves the people of Capel as effectively as possible
- Attending all council meetings (usually the fourth Monday evening of each month) and the subsequent planning meeting held on the same evening.
- Attending the Housing and Recreation committee meeting 3-4 times a year, and the Flooding Committee meeting 1-2 times a year.
- Ensuring that meeting papers are promptly prepared
- Managing communications with other councils and other organisations
- Manage the council’s contractors
- Managing the Recreation Ground, the allotments, and the Memorial Cottages
- Managing communications between councillors, members of the public & circulation of correspondence received
- Managing contracts with suppliers
- Attending and taking minutes for the Neighbourhood Plan Working Party (once a month to 6 weeks)
- Managing the council’s website and social media profile(s).
Applicants should be computer-literate and have proven organisational and administrative skills. Experience in local government is desirable as is suitable for relevant qualifications. Training will be given where required and the successful candidate will be encouraged to attend relevant courses to improve their skills and qualifications where appropriate.
Capel Parish Council is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please apply by email with a letter of application and CV to Madeline Boyle (Clerk) firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Wednesday 30 June 2021.