Capel Parish Council is looking for a Parish Council Manager and Clerk. The post holder will be the Proper Officer of the council.
Job title: Parish Council Manager and Clerk
Organisation: Capel Parish Council
Salary: LC2 SCP 18-23 depending on experience [£12.96-£14.42ph]
Application deadline: 5 January 2021
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Chairman)
Phone number: 07913 899563
The post is part-time, initially for a period of 26 hours per week, mainly working from home. Working hours are flexible but core hours will be 10-2 Monday to Thursday. The post holder must be able to attend council and committee meetings. These are held in the evening.
Annual salary is paid in accordance with the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) and the Society of Local Council (SLCC) Pay Scale (LC2 SCP 18-23). There is no requirement for the post holder to live within the parish, though this would be an advantage.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the parish council conducts its business lawfully
- Working with the council’s Responsible Financial Officer (who manages the council’s finances and website and attends the Finance and Staff committees) to ensure the council serves the people of Capel as effectively as possible
- Attending all council meetings (usually the fourth Monday evening of each month) and the subsequent planning meeting held on the same evening.
- Attending the Housing and Recreation committees 3-4 times a year, and the Flooding Committee 1-2 times a year.
- Ensuring that meeting papers are promptly prepared
- Managing communications with other councils and other organisations
- Manage the council’s contractors
- Managing the Recreation Ground, the allotments, and the Memorial Cottages
- Managing communications between councillors, members of the public & circulation of correspondence received
- Managing contracts with suppliers
- Attending and taking minutes for the Neighbourhood Plan Working Party (once a month to 6 weeks)
- Establishing and managing the council’s profile on social media (Facebook and Twitter)
Applicants should be computer-literate and have proven organisational and administrative skills. Experience in local government is desirable as is suitable for relevant qualifications. Training will be given where required and the successful candidate will be encouraged to attend relevant courses to improve their skills and qualifications where appropriate.
Capel Parish Council is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please apply by email with a letter of application and CV to email@example.com by Tuesday 5th January 2021.